I’m sure this is how we all feel about attention seekers…
But is it possible that we could be engaging in attention seeking behavior?
At one time or another we have all been guilty of this, and for some of us (not pointing any fingers) you are probably more guilty than most, but that’s ok girl! We still love you, but it’s important to get this behavior on lock because it’s leaving you feeling like you aren’t good enough as you are, where you are. And that’s just not true, so in today’s video, I am going to give you 7 signs of attention seeking behavior.
If you find yourself in one of these behaviors, it is not a time to feel bad. TRUST ME! When I say, we’ve all “been there, done that,” I truly mean it! But it is a time to reflect on what you are trying to get from it.
We all have reasons for everything we do and it all will shed light on what’s happening within.
What part of you is yearning to be seen, heard and understood and how can we start to receive attention internally instead of externally?
As I always say:
The more you seek anything … attention, peace, spirituality, love (you name it) the more you put your truth to the side. Because you ultimately say, “You are not good enough validation for me Truth. I need validation from Joe and Susie Q.”
And let’s just NOT with Susie Q and Joe Schmo! These people don’t even trust and like themselves, but you are seeking their approval?
Here are the 7 Signs of Attention Seeking Behavior
1. Anxiety often creeps in: And you worry about IF something you do will be received well by others
2. You are more susceptible to feeling lonely: So you do things to draw connection: An example of this we see is oversharing on social media platforms
3. Insecurity often creeps in: Causing you to compare your worth to others.
4. You are too attached to praise: Attachment to praise makes criticism crippling.
5. You always feel you need to prove yourself: Whether it’s overly explaining yourself, using your blessings as leverage, or using your knowledge against people.
6. You do things for the APPLAUSE of it: The Likes, the Following or the recognition of it.
7. You try too hard to be unique: You already ARE unique no reason to go overboard trying to make others see it.