Chia seeds have been gaining a lot of attention lately around the Western world. They have been called “superfoods” for a reason – high content of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein and many other vitamins and nutrients which are essential for a healthy female body. Chia seeds have the ability to absorb water that’s 27 times the size of the seed itself. For that reason when you consume chia seeds you will feel satisfied longer and won’t be tempted to reach for treats. As a health coach I often recommend my clients to start their day with a balanced breakfast, and this chia pudding is perfect. A great combination of healthy fats and protein from chia seeds and cashews, fiber from fresh mango is a great way to start the day!
- 1½ cup cashew milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh mango
- ½ cup homemade granola
- In a mason jar mix homemade cashew milk with chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt
- Shake it every 30 seconds for the first 3 minutes, leave in the fridge overnight
- In the morning blend mango in a blender until creamy
- Place granola on the bottom a new clean jar, add chia pudding and top with fresh mango cream
- Decorate with fresh mint leaf
- Enjoy or leave in the fridge for up to 2 days
Try it out for yourself and I hope you enjoy it!