Christal sits down with author of WILD Habits (Tara Mackey) to discuss habits that helped her to take charge of her mental health – How she came to the decision to get off her meds – What important habit her and Christal have in common – Why she called off her wedding, and what’s she’s learned about herself since then – Natural supplements for anyone going through emotional lows.
Before I introduce this phenomenal woman right here, I have to tell you a funny story.
It’s even cuter because not only is she 83 years old, English is also not her first language but she absolutely loves to read and learn!
I ordered Tara Mackey’s book before it officially released because I was super intrigued by her message, and her blog is absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD. Jam packed with knowledge and insight. Before I left to London in May for my first Art of Relationships event, I saw the book hit my kindle and got so excited to read it on the way back from my travels.
Got on the plane, opened up the book, and it opened to a page near the end of the book. WHAT?! It said I only had 7 minutes left in the book.
I was so confused! Did I read it in my sleep?
Then I remembered, OH… Grandma. She wasted no time once that book hit our kindle library to open this book and immerse herself. In fact, she read it in less than a week.
Fast forward, I get home from my travels and I go to grandma’s house to visit and eat good food (DUH)!
I asked her if she liked the book WILD Habits and that opened a 20 minute conversation of how much she admired Tara’s story. She was spilling ALLLL the deets that I actually had to stop her because I wanted experience her story on my own.
That week I opened the book, and in the first 20 pages, I was bawling. I actually have never had an emotional response to a book like I had to WILD Habits. Although our stories differ, I could still feel (on a cellular level) what she experienced. Weird how that happens right?
There’s not enough to say about the invaluable lessons I got from her book. I was hooked from the start.
The transparency she shows into some of the darkest times of her life and the REAL truth about coming out on the other side is beyond refreshing. It’s not always rainbows and butterflies and unlike the normal advice you typically get with personal stories, you feel like she is actually in the trenches with you guiding you step by step. Turning your attention to things you may not have even thought about but makes a WORLD of difference. I cried, laughed and felt lighter knowing that things I couldn’t articulate before, she did it for me. The practices and habits are now things I implement in my everyday life and it has made a world of difference, and through today’s discussion, you now can too!
Before we go into what we discussed in today’s episode, I’d like to officially announce that if things didn’t work out with Andrew, I’m pretty sure she’d be my wifey!
You know when you meet someone and you have an instant connection. The moment my BFF Pam and I walked out to meet Tara, we vibed INSTANTLY. Tara has a very certain, relaxed and loving presence. She is also HYSTERICAL. I love someone who can make fun of themselves. ESPECIALLY someone as brilliant as her.
You are going to LOVE today’s episode!
- What it’s like witnessing your mother struggle with drug addiction and not being able to help
- How she was able to get off of prescription meds and turn her life around through WILD Habits
- Her #1 value in life
- Why dance is an essential part of WILD Habits
- Why she called off her wedding, and what’s she’s learned about herself since then
- Natural supplements for anyone going through emotional lows
- Her natural beauty skin care line Genetix
… and so much more!
What did you think about today’s episode? Leave a COMMENT below!
- NOW Foods Supplements, GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) 750 mg, Neurotransmitter Support*, 100 Veg CapsulesPrice: $11.33 ($0.11 / Count)Was: $17.99 ($0.18 / Count)
- DIM Supplement 200mg - DIM Diindolylmethane Plus BioPerine 60-Day Supply of DIM for Estrogen Balance, Hormone Menopause Relief, Acne Treatment, PCOS, BodybuildingPrice: $18.95 ($0.32 / Count)Was: $29.95 ($0.50 / Count)
- Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve Tablets, Helps You Fall Asleep Faster, Stay Asleep Longer, Easy to Take, Dissolves in Mouth, Faster Absorption, Maximum Strength, Strawberry Flavor, 10mg, 100CountPrice: $11.49 ($0.11 / Count)Was: $14.99 ($0.15 / Count)