Can we please talk about something serious? It’s kind of a “have a seat, come to Jesus” type of serious… ok, Jesus has nothing to do with this but he might if we don’t get our shit together.
Recently it has become quite apparent in the age of self-help, hip spirituality and an abundant amount of “live your best life” quotes, we are still finding it hard to get it together.
With all the resources at our fingertips and a new practice that pops up every day we are still missing the point, and for some reason, we are still dishonoring our truth, showing disloyal behavior to relationships that are important to us and just being (as the kids now days say) BASIC AF! We talk a lot (like A LOT) about building a foundation of love within because it’s truly the only way to have flourishing relationships around us, but I think it’s time we moved onto how to be total badasses at life because we’re not about that basic life…
There is so much going on in the world that we literally have ZERO time to be consumed in basic shit that doesn’t serve. Before we get into how to be a badass mama, I think it’s important to shine a light on “Basic Behaviors” that we might tend to engage in from time to time. Again, this is not to make you feel bad but to get you into a place where we can be honest with ourselves and STOP engaging in soul limiting patterns/behaviors in other words…. FUCKERY BEHAVIOR!
1. Caring WAY too much about what people think.
2. Asking for permission.
3. Being disloyal to the people who have supported you.
4. Getting wrapped up in drama.
5. Making everything about you.
6. NOT contributing to the change you want to see.
7. Seeking external/temporary gratification.
8. Manipulating to get what you want (As long as it’s easy for you, you don’t care what other people have to go through).
9. Not giving your best (at work, in your relationships, etc.).
10. Constantly complaining.
I’m sure we can find ourselves in one of these. I know I’ve had to catch myself at times and that is OK… but it’s REALLY critical we get this in check because these behaviors are stunting our growth. They are so shallow and surface level, and it rids us the responsibility from having to go deep with our self and with others. It keeps us behaving like a child.
In fact, these behaviors are 100% from some deep rooted issue that keeps the child in us running the show. Although kids are cute, a child in an adult body is definitely not, so it’s time we nip this behavior right away because we are not about that mediocre existence and basic AF relationships. So are we ready to learn the key characteristics of being a complete BADASS?
How to be badass AF:
1. Know your worth and don’t cave into the noise around you.
2. Stop engaging in gossipy behavior.
3. Say “NO” more often.
4. Check your insecurity at the door.
5. Do yourself a favor and give a fuck…It goes a long way!
6. See a grander vision and contribute beyond yourself.
7. Do things you are proud of.
8. Stop dishonoring your truth to validate others.
9. Feel the fear and do it anyways!
10. Trust that YOU know what’s best.
So can we make a promise to each other that, from this day on, we will make a choice to be the badass woman we KNOW we are? A woman that uses her gifts, talents, and truth in a way that inspires not only herself but those around her? Can we do that not only for the benefit of our personal lives but for our society as a whole?